The 2020 Texas State Republican Convention will be held July 16 – 18.
Reports of the Permanent Platform & Resolutions and Rules Committees
LIVE STREAM LINK
Click HERE for links to Convention Live Streams.
LIVE TRAINING SESSIONS
Vision 2020 Convention Schedule
**PLEASE NOTE: This is a DRAFT
***Updated July 20th
Click HERE to view the program book.
DAILY CONVENTION UPDATES
- Update July 17th
- Update July 16th
- Update July 15th
- Update July 14th Pt. 2
- Update July 14th Pt. 1
- Update July 13th Pt. 4
- Update July 13th Pt. 3
- Update July 13th Pt. 2
- Update July 13th Pt. 1
- Update July 12th
- Update July 9th
- Update July 8th
- Update July 6th
- Update July 3rd
- Registration is NOW OPEN! >>>CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<<<
- To receive your credentials you will present your confirmation email with the unique barcode, along with a Photo ID at the registration area in the exhibit hall at the convention center. You will be given your credentials, a program, and a souvenir convention bag.
- No paper tickets are issued; the bar code on your credentials will serve as your ticket to the event(s).
SUPPORT OUR EXHIBITORS
Click HERE to support our exhibitors!
PLATFORM, PRIORITIES, RULES
- From 2018 convention:
- Documents in process for 2020 convention:
- Rules Permanent Committee Working Doc
- Legislative Priorities Google Doc
- Delegate allocation by Senate District & County
- Report of the Permanent Legislative Priorities Committee
- National Delegate Application
- RPT Temporary Convention Secretary Report on Party Officer Declarations
STATE CONVENTION TRAINING
Participating in a convention can be overwhelming at first, but if you know what to expect, you can successfully promote your resolutions for the platform, rules, or legislative priorities and champion your candidates for party leadership. Here are some helpful resources:
- Delegate One-Pager — this one-page PDF download gives an overview of conventions
- Convention Training Videos — these video trainings walk you through the convention process so you can feel comfortable and confident as a delegate
- Parliamentary Motions Chart
COMMITTEES & CAUCUSES
- Senatorial District (SD) Caucus Twice during the convention, delegates will meet together with all the other delegates from their same State Senate district to hold a Senatorial District Caucus.The first SD caucus will be called to order by that SD’s Temporary Caucus Chair. These Chairs were appointed by Chairman Dickey upon the recommendation of one or both of that district’s SREC members. After the meeting is called to order, the delegates will elect a Permanent Caucus Chair to conduct the rest of the caucus business.
- Congressional District (CD) Caucus Twice during the convention, delegates will meet together will all other delegates from their Congressional district to hold a Congressional District Caucus. The first CD caucus will be called to order by the CD’s Temporary Caucus Chair – who is appointed by Chairman Dickey. After the meeting is called to order, the delegates will elect a National Committee Woman, National Committee Man, National Delegate, Presidential Elector, and National Nominations committee member.
- Temporary Committees- Each of these committees includes 32 people: a chairman appointed by State Chairman James Dickey, and one member from each of the 31 Senatorial Districts (SDs) appointed by Chairman Dickey upon the recommendation of one or both of that district’s SREC members.
Please click HERE to see temporary Committee Room Assignments for Monday, July 13th.
- Permanent Committees- After the convention comes to order, the delegates are able to elect committee members to the permanent committees. Each of these committees includes 32 people: a chairman and one member from each of the 31 Senatorial Districts (SDs). The committee chairman is appointed by the Permanent Convention. The responsibilities of each Permanent Committee are listed in RPT Rule 34:
- Credentials: This committee shall continue to add registered delegates and alternates to the permanent roll throughout the convention.
- Rules and Order of Business: This committee shall recommend to the Convention the Supplementary Rules of the Convention, any amendments to these General Rules, and the Order of Business.
- Legislative Priorities: This committee shall recommend to the Convention proposed legislative priorities and related resolutions.
- Platform and Resolutions: This committee shall recommend to the Convention the platform and resolutions.
- State Nominations: This committee shall report to the Convention nominations for the state positions to be filled by the Convention. [Note: This committee votes on nominees for State Chair and Vice Chair, and members are bound to vote for their SD’s selection on the first round of voting. See Rule 41 for specifics. This committee also reports on each SD’s selection for SREC member.
- National Nominations
Note: Tickets are available for purchase.
Grassroots Club Breakfast
sponsored by Railroad Commissioner Ryan Sitton
This breakfast on Friday is hosted only for our Grassroots Club Members. It’s our way of saying thank you for your dedication to keeping our lights on and our staff working hard for our Party’s success.
Join the Grassroots Club before Convention (click here)
RPT Gala Banquet
The Republican Party of Texas Gala is the premier event of our State Convention. This year’s elegant gala will be held at the George R. Brown Convention Center. We are going to announce our speakers soon, and we know you will want to be there!
Consistently attracting some of the country’s foremost conservative thought leaders, legislators, and entertainers, the Republican Party of Texas Gala never disappoints as the marquee event of the State Convention. It is the largest Republican Gala in the United States!
Click HERE to purchase tickets to the RPT Gala Banquet.
Faith & Fellowship Gathering
Join us the Saturday morning of Convention for faith and fellowship at the Republican Party of Texas’ State Convention Worship service.
The State of Texas’ Congressional Delegation is the most influential in the nation. Our conservative principles have the power to influence national policy like no other state. This is your opportunity to engage in a dialogue with our Congressional delegation about national policy, their initiatives, and legislation impacting our state and nation.
- For media inquiries or press credentials, CLICK HERE.
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
- Travel Tip Sheet
- For parking options in downtown Houston, CLICK HERE.
- For George R. Brown Convention Center Parking Map, CLICK HERE.
- Uber and Lyft are both options for airport transportation. Both are available via their websites or apps.
- Taxis –Taxis are available at both airports and the hotel Concierge can help arrange a cab back to the airport.
- To Volunteer at the State Convention, CLICK HERE.
- To become a page, CLICK HERE.
- To become a registration and hospitality volunteer, CLICK HERE.
EXHIBIT BOOTH & SPONSORSHIPS
- Exhibit Booth and Sponsorship Information:
- If you would like to reserve an exhibitor booth, CLICK HERE. If you have any questions about your booth reservation, please contact Jennifer Christman at email@example.com.
- **Please note that reservation of a booth does not automatically guarantee the approval of your application. All applications are subject to review by the Officials Committee.
- The sponsorship packages are available here. If you have any questions, or would like more information about sponsorships, please contact Marissa Weisenburger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance or denial will be based on availability, completion of packet, adherence to policy, RPT By-laws, and RPT Rules or principles. Offensive, sexually oriented, racially biased, or lewd material is not permitted. In addition, no protesting or demonstrating will be allowed in the exhibit area. See our full exhibit booth policy HERE.
- Program Advertisements:
- The 2020 State Convention Program is a great advertising opportunity for you or your business. Our convention is the largest political gathering in the free world, and over 10,000 conservative Texans expected to attend — and all of them will be carrying the Convention Program. If you would like to purchase an advertisement in the Convention Program, please contact Marissa Weisenburger at email@example.com. All ads are subject to approval by the Officials Committee of the Republican Party of Texas.
QUESTIONS ABOUT CONVENTION
You may submit your questions about convention below.
If you or any of the delegates you have been in contact with have additional questions of any kind, you can submit them below or call the party at (512) 477-9821.