Dear Texas Republicans,
Thanks to you, Republicans scored a record midterm turnout at the polls last week. Congratulations to all of our primary election winners!
While there are still some races that will be decided during the runoff election, I am asking that all Texas Republicans join me in supporting the Republican Ticket in 2018. As a party we must foster unity, heal division, and move forward to focus on our goal of electing Republicans in races up and down the ballot.
Our elections are crucial to deciding the future of our state and our nation, and I am proud of the primary election turnout. But our work has just begun. We must bind together and fight for our candidates with our party’s message of limited government and economic prosperity. With your help, we can continue winning in 2018.
People & Places
Recently, I addressed the Montgomery County Eagle Forum via videoconference. We had a great Q&A session and I love that our technology allowed us to interact virtually! It was great to see SREC member Judy Parada (SD-3) in the audience.
Collin County holds its precinct conventions all in the same location, and I was happy to address all the precinct delegates before they began their individual conventions. I thanked them for being a part of the convention process because strong grassroots input is vital to our grassroots-led party.
I’d like to give a shoutout to county chairs who — in addition to all of their primary election and convention responsibilities — have been conducting successful Lincoln/Reagan Dinners all over the state. Special praise goes to those who are holding their counties’ first-ever Reagan Dinner this year — such as Washington County Chair Sandie Kindt (pictured with SREC member Tanya Robertson, SD-11).
Report from the Field
Our field team is thrilled to have a strong slate of candidates to support! They’ve already built up networks of volunteers in their areas and are now utilizing their teams to increase excitement for individual candidates.
Last week regional field directors had the option of holding election watch parties to monitor results as they came in. They also conducted Republican Leadership Initiatives and house parties in Bexar County and Harris County.
In the coming weeks, they’ll focus on reaching voters in unique venues including career and professional development fairs, community events, and local activities.
Special shoutout to our own Kristy Wilkinson who heads up our field program. Kristy was featured in an RNC video promoting the women who lead in politics. You can view it right here!
More than 1.5 million Texas Republicans let their voice be heard in this primary election. Thank you to each and every one of you. With the election complete (except for those headed for the runoff election on May 22nd), each county will officially be announcing its results on Thursday — this is called the canvass. Our state canvass will be held Friday at 1pm in Austin.
The convention process is underway! I’m glad so many of you are participating — it’s a great way to give your input on what should be included in the party’s platform. Some counties have already held precinct conventions, but others are yet to come. They can be held March 6-24 at a time and place determined by the county executive committee. All of the county or SD conventions will be held March 24.
Our Second Quarterly SREC meeting is also coming up soon. It will be April 6-7 at the Wyndham Garden Austin. As always, committee meetings are Friday and the full session is Saturday, and all Texas Republicans are welcome to join us in person or via the livestream.
Thank you to our 2018 State Convention Sponsors!
In Case You Missed It . . .
- Texas Wins Site Selection Magazine’s Governor’s Cup Award For The Sixth Straight Year.
- Jobs jump by 313,000 in February, best since July 2016.
- New tax law already benefiting Texas businesses, residents.
- Bernie Sanders: ‘I believe that Texas can go blue’.
- Soros Chalks Up Another DA Win After Dropping Nearly $1 Million in Texas Race.
- The DCCC’s Texas-Sized Screwup.
- RPT Chairman James Dickey Calls for Unity.
- RPT Applauds Former Dallas County Judge Karen Gren Scholar on her Confirmation to the Federal Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- RPT Vice Chair Amy Clark Salutes Women On The Republican Ticket On International Women’s Day
- 2018 Primary: Winners & Losers; Recounts & Runoffs.
- Analysis: Beto O’Rourke’s primary win has some caveats moving forward to general election.
Coming Up Next
- Now thru March 24: Precinct conventions – see info (also check with your county partyfor location & time)
- March 17: Chairman Dickey at Orange County Reagan Dinner – see info
- March 21: Chairman Dickey at Ector County Republican Women
- March 22: Chairman Dickey at Harris County Lincoln Dinner
- March 24: County/SD conventions – see info
- April 6-7: SREC meeting – see info
This is an exciting time to be a Republican in Texas, and I’m glad to have you on board!