Career politician Philip “No Show” Cortez has been a failure every step of his career.
So why would voters in House District 117 want him back representing them in Austin?
The Cortez Record:
San Antonio City Council
• Cortez voted against setting a lower tax rate in 2008. The final tax was lower than the previous year, however, the city council had the opportunity to lower it even more.
• Cortez voted to increase water and electricity rates.
o Cortez was absent for 162 votes on the floor of the Texas House.
o Cortez was absent for votes on 46 items of legislation during committee meetings.
o Cortez was either absent or showed up late to 62% of his committee meetings.
• For the 2013 Fiscal Year, Cortez’s legislative office spent $89,945.40. Of the 42 House members who began holding office in January 2013, Cortez was ranked 16th in most amount spent running a legislative office.
• Voted against stopping late-term abortions after 5 months of pregnancy
• Lied about being called up for Air Force Reserve duty so he could lobby for his then fiancé to be appointed to the City Council
• Lied about his education as a City Council candidate