My Fellow Texas Republicans,
On behalf of Republicans across Texas, I thank Governor Greg Abbott for calling a special session to provide another opportunity to advance some of the Republican Party of Texas (RPT) Platform items left unfinished in the regular session.
Governor Abbott included in his call several items which relate to planks from the 2016 RPT Platform as noted:
- Municipal annexation reform– Plank 37: Property Rights
- Cracking down on mail-in ballot fraud– Plank 59: Fair Election Procedures
- Privacy– Plank 87: Gender Identity
- Prohibition of taxpayer funding for abortion providers– Plank 91: Funding
- School choice for special needs students– Plank 147: School Choice
- Strengthening patient protections relating to do-not-resuscitate orders– Plank 100: Patient Protection
- Property tax reform– Plank 175: Tax Burden
- Prohibition of taxpayer dollars to collect union dues– Plank 197: Right to Work
- School finance reform commission– Plank 120: Funding
- Caps on state and local spending– Plank 167: Spending Limitations
To view each platform plank in its entirety, click here.
We need your help to make sure these items are passed into law in a manner consistent with our Platform during this very brief special session. We encourage you to call your representatives right now and engage with them on these issues – find their contact info here. Also, plan to attend hearings and testify on bills during the 30-day session that begins on July 18. Check out the Lege Info section of the RPT website to learn how you can make a difference in the legislative process. Finally, stay tuned for updates, including our next webinar, “A Special Session Primer,” scheduled for June 13 at 7 PM.
I am delivering the message of our Platform to our legislators, and I am committed to working with you so your voice is heard. But I need the resources to ensure our victory, and time is short. Can you show us that you’re “all in” by joining the Grassroots Club today?
I will continue to be a strong voice for our Republican Party of Texas Platform and Priorities throughout the special session and encourage you to stay engaged with us for its duration.
Republican Party of Texas
Paid for by the Republican Party of Texas and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. www.Texasgop.org